Our Magnet designation means opportunities to grow!
At Riverside Medical Center, we realize the importance nurses play in the delivery of exceptional healthcare. Nurses come here to work in an environment that fosters growth, advancement, contribution and continuing education. Here, there are opportunities that few institutions in the southern suburbs can offer.
Find Open Nursing Positions
Riverside nurses are vigilant in providing quality, caring services in a safe environment to our patients and families.
- Partnership – Nurses cooperate with patients, families and other care providers guided by open communication and decision-making.
- Integrity – Nurses are honest and ethical in all interactions with our patients, families, and colleagues.
- Excellence – Nurses strive to utilize best practices for optimal patient outcomes.
- Stewardship – Nurses are responsible for using hospital and patient resources in our nursing practice.
Nursing is an art and human science dedicated to improving the patient’s physical, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual well-being. To achieve that goal, we believe in the following:
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary, compassionate, vigilant care.
- Promoting excellent quality outcomes through the use of the evidence-based practice.
- Following ethical principles protects patients’, community, and colleagues’ health, safety, and rights.
- Facilitation of patient and family education throughout the continuum of care to promote wellness, safety, disease prevention, and healthy lifestyles.
- Continually striving to identify our patients’ and families’ uniqueness, values, needs, and beliefs.
- Active participation in determining the practice care environment, a culture that supports empowerment and accountability.
- Education is the cornerstone that fosters professional growth, confidence, competence, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- An environment that nurtures and supports self-esteem and a love of nursing.
- Team members value a multidisciplinary approach that creates trusting relationships with our patients, families, and community.
- Being a patient advocate and calculated risk taker for our patients and families.
- Respect - Each Other, Us, Nursing at Riverside.
Riverside Medical Center: Professional Nursing Practice Model
Riverside HealthCare’s Model of Professional Nursing Practice was developed around the concept of “Vigilance.” As the model evolved, the concept of “Vigilance" was important to operationalize at the individual, department, and organizational levels.
View the Full Riverside Medical Center: Professional Nursing Practice Model
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ at Riverside Medical Center
Riverside has partnered with Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ to provide resources to help new nurses gain confidence and increase competence during this 12-month program. Your well-being as a new nurse is enhanced through hands-on training and processing clinical experiences.